The Sponsored Programs Accounting and Compliance office (SPAC) fosters the University’s vision of becoming one of the nation's preeminent public research universities by providing post award resources to support the research enterprise.
SPAC is the designated post-award administration office for the University of Maryland College Park. SPAC is committed to providing accurate, timely and transparent disclosures of financial outcomes required as stewards of federal and non-federal funds. The office emphasizes compliance with University policies and procedures and government regulations and offers guidance and support on post-award matters related to sponsored agreements. SPAC takes pride in supporting the research enterprise by partnering with the Office of Research Administration (ORA) to develop and administer training courses on sponsored programs subjects.
- Earn and hold trust of the research community and sponsors
- Provide extraordinary customer service to both internal and external customers
- Respect the research enterprise and goals of the research community
- Support the research community with appropriate fiscal and compliance resources
- Safeguard funds related to sponsored agreements