The Sponsored Programs Accounting (SPA) office is the designated unit responsible for the management of fiscal activities related to the University’s sponsored research agreements.
SPA has primary responsibility for:
- Preparing invoices and collecting sponsored funds.
- Completing and filing financial reports.
- Reviewing and approving all cost transfers involving sponsored awards.
- Managing accounts receivable.
- Monitoring spending on awards and companion accounts (cost share).
- Providing reports on expiration and deficits.
- Supporting departments on account adjustments and use of appropriate object codes.
- Serving as liaison for financial matters with sponsors.
- Providing expert guidance on adherence with University and sponsor rules and regulations.
- Partnering with Office of Research Administration on training initiatives.
- Partnering with the Office of the Comptroller to create sponsor specific accounting rules in KFS.
Sponsored Programs Accounting Contacts