The Sponsored Programs Cost Accounting office is the designated unit responsible for assisting the University with the interpretation and application of cost principles related to research activities.
- Providing training, oversight, and guidance for the University's Effort Reporting process to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Calculating and negotiating the federal reimbursement rate for facilities and administrative expenses incurred in support of sponsored research and other sponsored projects.
- Providing rate development guidance for the units that provide goods or services primarily to internal University operations that include federally funded grants/contracts (i.e. research centers with specialized service centers including animal care facilities).
- Providing guidance to the campus on cost principles as outlined in federal regulations.
- Partnering with Office of Research Administration on training initiatives.